Saturday, January 22, 2011

I have not touched my hair in two weeks!!

Over the past two weeks, I have been very busy. My hair has been in 4 very crappy braids under a head-wrap. So when I could remember my hair, I slapped anything I could on it ( olive oil or liquid leave-in) and baggied 3 out of the 14 nights of neglect.

However, I replenished some staples and I am going to get to work on my hair.

Items I bought:
-Lustrasilk cholesterols (the shea butter and the aloe vera)
- 911 liquid leave-in
- Cream of Nature moisture-active deep conditioning treatment with jojoba and olive oil
- Mane N' Tale detangler
- Magenta magnetic rollers
- Silk rollers (finally)

This weekend I plan to:
1. Detangle with my afro comb in very small (1 inch) sections with Mane n' Tale detangler
2. Pre-poo (from root to tip) with Lustrasilk's Aloe Vera detangling conditioner
3. Rinse (luke warm water). Shampoo (scalp only in 6 braids) with CON kiwi-lime
4. D/C for 30 minutes with heat with the following mix:
- 1 tbsp evoo
- 7 drops each of peppermint and tea tree oils
- 1 cap full (1 tbsp) of porosity control
- 1-2 tbsp (about 4 pumps) of Nexxux humectress
all mixed into 1/4 cup of each: Lustrasilk shea butter and CON moisture-active deep conditioner
5. Rinse in braids, detagling each section and re-braiding.
6. Spritz and comb through 911 leave-in and aloe vera juice; seal with serum.
7. Rollerset and air-dry.
8. M/S nightly with aloe, ORS carrot oil, coconut oil and cross-wrap.

Wear head-wrap this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back again!

 Well, well, well, if it isn't me. Relaxed...again. It has been a journey, and it just keeps going. Almost to BSL and back teaching in t...