Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My co-washing friend: TRESemme Vitamin E Moisture Rich Conditioner


I started using this as a pre-poo/dc at the beginning of my hhj. I used to workout with the conditioner in my hair.

A year and a half later, I realize this is an excellent co-wash when mixed with sweet almond oil.

I got the oil for $6.99 at Whole Foods and the TRESemme at Sally's for only $3.89 for a 40-ounce bottle! I added 1 tablespoon of oil for every 10 ounces to get wonderful results.

I used this as a co-wash last night, at almost 18 weeks post, to reduce manipulation, increase moisture (as a co-wash and leave-in), and to style hair while in the shower.

METHOD:
  • I rinsed my hair thoroughly for about 5 minutes under the warm shower
  • I gently squeezed the excess water from my hair and brushed my teeth (this gave my hair about 5 minutes to get rid of some of the water)
  • I added the conditioner in 3 sections from root to tip (and lathered, so this let the conditioner sit for 5-10 minutes).
  • Rinsed with luke-warm/cool water
  • Squeezed out excess water and added a dime-sized amount to ends and edges and put in a wet bun with my silk wrap scarf.
  • Once my hair was 30% dry, I removed the scarf, moisturized and sealed and tied my hair down with a dry silk scarf and baggied my ends.
RESULTS: The next morning, I lightly moisturized with TRESemme and sealed with castor oil and bunned my soft hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back again!

 Well, well, well, if it isn't me. Relaxed...again. It has been a journey, and it just keeps going. Almost to BSL and back teaching in t...