Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My HHJ Mainstays




There are a few quick things I need in my hair journey.
  1. I love tweaking my regimen every 30 days. See my format here: http://keepitsimplesista.ning.com/profiles/blogs/may-2010-reggie-note-to-self. I'm only a year and a half into my hhj and my major set back was not listening to my hair. Trying to put it on a schedule was, for lack of a better term, stupid.
  2. I must, must, must take my vitamins. Besides being for my overall health, they are great for energy (I feel slightly sluggish without them), and excellent for rapid hair growth.
  3. I MUST work out everyday. I may rest on some Sundays, but usually I am doing something daily. Even if my family and I dance for only 30 minutes, I have to move. My favorite routines are on bodyrock.tv. These intense workouts are reminiscent of P90X or Insanity. MOST IMPORTANTLY: tracking my weekly exercise takes my mind off of watching my hair.
  4. Flat irons, hot curlers, and pressing combs are a NO-NO in my regimen. As much as I am tempted, I do not use these tools because I have abused them in the past. So now I am forced to learn what to do with my hair without them because I don't own any.
  5. Oils for: prepooing, mixing with co-washes and dc's are a must! Coconut oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil and cold-pressed castor oil have helped me tremendously on my hair journey.
  6. Blogging is best for tracking what I do in a chronological manner without the fuss. I've tried the hand-written thing, taking pics, forums, Microsoft word, Microsoft one-note, notepad and other methods, but blogging seems to be the neatest, easiest, and most fun.
  7. Last, but certainly not least: A GENTLE HAND WILL RULE THE LAND. My main issue with breakage is that I am a heavy-handed chick and that needs to stop (not to mention I rarely get manicures).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back again!

 Well, well, well, if it isn't me. Relaxed...again. It has been a journey, and it just keeps going. Almost to BSL and back teaching in t...